September 3, 2008 Minutes
MINUTES of CTAC of Hamden, New Haven, and West Haven – September 3, 2008
George Alexander (Treasurer H)
Stuart Arotsky (Chair WH)
Jennifer Sacco (H)
Tad Weinstein (Vice chair WH)
Joyce Listro (BOE NH)
Peaches Quinn (NH)
Sharon Codeanne, Comcast
1. Meeting called to order 6:00 p.m.
2. Report from Comcast: Sharon Codeanne, including:
1. issue of caps on data users on internet service. Comcast is slowed down by internet usage by 1% of users who fileshare. Comcast made an agreement with the Florida (?) attorney general to cap big data users.
2. George wants to know if newsgroups will be censored by Comcast, as they are being by AT&T. George will call Comcast for an answer.
3. Peaches asked if we will attend CTV board meetings. We have not had representation from CTV at our meeting for several months. Joyce volunteered to attend the October board meeting of CTV, which Tad believes is the 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:30. Peaches will attend the CTV meeting in October, but wondered if they would have it since that is the first evening of Yom Kippur.
4. Joyce asked if the return line is installed in the Field House in New Haven, and if so what has been broadcast from there? CTV should know and report to us, as should the Field House. Peaches is contacting Joe Canzanilla to ask if they used the return line.
5. George reported what was in our mail. Sharon took letter about connecting VCR to get it answered by Comcast. Senior with basic cable was afraid to lose MSNBC because of the price change (yet TBD) of Basic. Another customer wants choice for channels, not packages.
6. George repoted we have $9989 in our treasury.
7. Jen raised the issue of digital conflict with pacemakers or other digital health devices. Sharon is looking into the specs of the digital boxes.
8. Meeting adjourned, 7:08 p.m.