November 29, 2017 Minutes
CTAC – Monthly Meeting Minutes – December Meeting – November 29, 2017
Annual closed December meeting held at Luce’ Restaurant, Whitney Ave. Mt. Carmel, Hamden, CT,
Members in attendance:
Tad Weinstein (West Haven), Chair
Laurel Coleman (Hamden) , Advisor.
Peaches Quinn (New Haven) Vice-Chair
Johnes Ruta, (New Haven), Advisor, Acting Secretary
Meeting called to order 6:30 PM. No quorum reached yet, as Peaches Quinn arrives at 7:10 PM.
- CTAC Video Contest status: Tad proposed to roll-over deadlines into 2018.
- November CTAC Minutes: error noted: Laurel Colemen listed in Members Attending, as West Haven delegate, should be corrected to Hamden.
- COMCAST Report: Comcast submitted Rate Increase Proposal to PURA, effective December 20, 2017.
November 20, 2017 Letter of Rate Increase Proposal received from Locke & Lord Attorneys.
Internet Usage Rate increase by $5 per month.
4. ATT bought DirectTV.
ATT sold their Florida franchise to Frontier, conversion period had a similar breakdown of service as experienced in Connecticut. This occurred because ATT disconnected all home and business service circuits when sale was closed.
7:10 PM – Peaches Quinn arrives – Quorum reached.
5. Roll-over Video Contest application deadline extended to March 31, 2018.
Peaches makes the Motion for this modification, Johnes seconded this Motion. Vote – unanimous.
6, Correspondence: George Alexander (Hamden) not in attendance, so no correspondence presented.
7. Next CTAC meeting scheduled for Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018.
CTAC meeting is adjourned at 9:05 PM EDT.
Minutes Submitted 12/26/2017 by Johnes Ruta, CTAC Acting Secretary, New Haven Rep #2